Spearhead Hut Overnight Trip
Two days of guided backcountry skiing and one overnight in a brand new state of the art hut in the Whistler backcountry.
On day 1 we will utilize the Whistler chairlift system to access the backcountry in Garibaldi Park. Once we enter the backcountry, it’s approximately 3-5 hours of ski touring to the reach the hut near Russet Lake. Time permitting, we will do a late afternoon ski tour in the surrounding area before returning to the hut for dinner and a relaxing evening. On day 2, there will be an option for a morning ski tour before returning to the Whistler village. Classic morning objective is Whirlwind Peak with epic views and a sweet descent back to the hut.
Who’s it for?
- New and Experienced Backcountry skiers or split-boarders
Important: You will be required to sign a paper RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT at the commencement of the activity.
I have read and agree with the RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Scheduled Trips – 2023/2024 Season:
|Dec 2023 to Jan 2024
Contact us for private group dates!
|Lift Co Coffee Company, Whistler Villiage
- Morning Meeting: Meet your guide at 8:30am in Whistler at Lift Co Coffee. Your guide will provide an overview of the current backcountry conditions and weather forecast for the day. Based on conditions and your ability levels, gear check, the guide will discuss route options available.
- Avalanche Safety Refresher: After a brief avalanche rescue refresher training, you will head into the backcountry!
- Ski tour to the hut
- Overnight in hut
- Option for morning tour from hut
- Depart hut and ski back to Whistler Village
- Back in the Whistler village by approximately 4pm.
Private Group: Timing is up to you!
You will need the following gear for your trip:
- Alpine touring skis or split-board
- Avalanche kit: transceiver (digital), probe, shovel
- Medium/Large sized backpack (50l)
- Sleeping Bag (-5 range)
- Dry clothing for hut
- Helmet is recommended
- Ski googles
- Sun glasses
- Sun screeen
- Water bottle (min 1 L)
- Tea/Coffee,Snacks, Lunch, and Breakfast (We supply dinner)
- Slippers or hut booties