Spearhead Hut Overnight Trip
Two days of guided backcountry skiing and one overnight in the super comfortable “Kees and Clair Hut” in the Whistler backcountry.
On day 1 we will utilize the Whistler chairlift system to access the backcountry in Garibaldi Park. Once we enter the backcountry, it’s approximately 2-3 hours of ski touring to the reach the hut near Russet Lake. After lunch and a short break at the hut to drop gear, we will do an afternoon ski tour in the surrounding area before returning to the hut for the evening. On day 2, there will be an option for a morning ski tour before returning to the Whistler village.
Private group bookings are also available, please contact us!
Who’s it for?
- New and Experienced Backcountry skiers or split-boarders
Private Groups – 2021/2022 Season
Contact us for your group dates!
|$590 CAD/person||Book Now|
Important:You will be required to sign a waiver at the beginning of your trip. Please ensure you have read and understood the waiver before booking:ACMGRELEASE.pdf
On hut trips, all guests and guides are required to have a COVID-19 vaccine passport and provide a COVID-19 health declaration: COVID Health
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Lift Co Coffee Company, Whistler Villiage|
|MEETING TIME||08:30 AM|
- Depart North Vancouver at 0630AM
- Morning Meeting: Meet your guide at 8:30am in Whistler at Lift Co Coffee. Your guide will provide an overview of the current backcountry conditions and weather forecast for the day. Based on conditions and your ability levels, gear check, the guide will discuss route options available.
- Avalanche Safety Refresher: After a brief avalanche rescue refresher training, you will head into the backcountry!
- 2-3 hour ski tour to the hut
- Overnight in hut
- Option for morning tour from hut
- Depart hut and ski back to Whistler Village
- Back in the Whistler village by approximately 4pm.
Private Group: Timing is up to you!
You will need the following gear for your trip:
- Alpine touring skis or split-board
- Avalanche kit: transceiver (digital), probe, shovel
- Medium/Large sized backpack (50l)
- Sleeping Bag (-5 range)
- Dry clothing for hut
- Helmet is recommended
- Ski googles
- Sun glasses
- Sun screeen
- Water bottle (min 1 L)
- Tea/Coffee,Snacks, Lunch, and Breakfast (We supply dinner)
- Slippers or hut booties