Intro Ski Touring – North Vancouver
Intro Ski Touring course in North Vancouver is for skiers and snowboarders new to the backcountry. The North Shore has incredible backcountry skiing, right here in the backyard of Vancouver.
With an enjoyable pace, our instructors will teach you how to use the gear, develop travel skills, make safe trip plans, and get you hooked on our backcountry skiing lifestyle.
Who’s it for?
- New backcountry skiers and snowboarders (No prior touring experience is required)
- Can ski or ride a blue run inbounds confidently
- Fitness for up to 2-3 hours of travel per day
What you’ll learn:
- Equipment Selection and Usage
- Trip planning
- Safe Terrain Usage
- Efficient Uphill Track Setting
- Modern Navigation
- Weather Tools
- Intro Ski Touring: 8AM – 4PM Mount Seymour or Cypress Park.
Note on Lift Tickets: No lift tickets are required.
Why take a course with us? We are a small dedicated group of professional guides and instructors. Our core mission is to develop backcountry ski culture on the North Shore. We view taking the course as your gateway into a lifetime of backcountry skiing!
Important: You will be required to sign a waiver at the beginning of your course. Please ensure you have read and understood the waiver prior to the course start.
Course Waiver: BCSGWaiver.pdf
Scheduled Courses – 2024 Season
|Nov 25, 2023 to March 31, 2024||$195 CAD||Book Now|
- 8 AM to 4PM Field Day: Seymour or Cypress Provincial Park
You will need the following gear for your course, contact us if you need any recommendations:
- Alpine touring boots, skis or split-board, poles, skins
- Avalanche kit: transceiver (digital), probe, shovel
- Medium sized backpack (20 to 30l)
- Lunch, snacks, & water
- Helmet is recommended
- Ski googles
- Sun glasses
- Sun screen
- Warm clothing and down jacket for lunch break
- Goretex Jacket & Pants
- Extra gloves and touque
- Smartphone with GPS mapping program installed (Gaia recommended)
- Basic first aid and blister kit
Where can I get Ski Touring Gear Rentals for my course?
Mt Seymour Resorts: Ski Touring Gear Rentals
- Limited rentals are available in the Vancouver area. Mt Seymour resorts provides has a small rental fleet, please contact them and ensure you pickup your gear the prior to the AST field day, as there will not be time in the morning to do so. The rentals are not online so you will need to call them old school with a phone: 604-986-2261
Escape Route Squamish: Ski Touring Gear Rentals
What about split-board rentals?
All Access Adventures Vancouver : Split-board Rentals:
Our awesome partner All-Access-Adventures in Vancouver provides full service splitboard rentals with a discount for BC Ski Guides clients.