Coquihalla Backcountry Skiing
Coquihalla Summit area offers deep and dry snow conditions with no lift lines! Throw in easy access from Vancouver or Kamloops and you’ve got one awesome day of backcountry skiing.
The skiing options here are endless. From fun powder skiing in open sub alpine glades to steep gnarly chute skiing, the Coq is one of our favourite places to ski.
Join one of our guided backcountry skiing trips to the Coquihalla, or contact us for a private booking anytime though out the season. We also offer Coquihalla based Ski Touring and AST1 courses, see courses above or contact us for more info.
We keep the groups small with a maximum guide:guest ratio of 1:6.
Some of our favorite Coquihalla tours:
- Needle Peak
- Iago & Great Bear
- Thar Peak
- Alpine Ridge traverse from Zopjok to Alpaca
- Needle Peak Couloir
Who’s it for?
- New and Experienced Backcountry skiers or split-boarders
How to signup?
- Private Group: We guide to your ability level and backcountry conditions. Our guides are happy to take your group skiing or incorporate instructional aspects to your day, or both! Available all season long.
Private Group – Coquihalla – 2021/2022 Season
|From $650 CAD||Book Now|
Important: You will be required to sign a waiver. Please ensure you have read and understood the waiver prior to the start date.
ACMG Waiver: ACMGWaiver.pdf
You will need the following gear, contact us if you need any recommendations:
- Face mask or ski mask
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Alpine touring boots, skis or split-board, poles, skins
- Avalanche kit: transceiver (digital), probe, shovel. We can provide rentals if required.
- Medium sized backpack (20 to 30l)
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- Helmet is recommended
- Ski googles
- Warm clothing and down jacket
- Goretex Jacket & Pants
- Breathable windproof jacket uphill travel
- Thin gloves for uphill travel
- Warm gloves and touque