- Backcountry Skiing Day Trips
- Coast Ski Touring
- North Shore
- North Shore Dawn Patrol Club
- Vancouver North Shore
North Shore Dawn Patrol Club – North Vancouver
Update September 28, 2021: North Shore Dawn Patrol Club is on for the 2021/2022 season!
What is it? Early morning weekday backcountry skiing on the North Shore mountains with a professional ski guide. This is your ticket to getting out ski touring while still meeting your work commitments. Solo? No problem, come by yourself and join our crew. You’ll get an avalanche rescue refresher, build fitness, learn new techniques, and explore some rad zones right in our backyard.
The goal of the program is to get out ski touring in a fun, safe, and supportive environment.
Who’s it for?
- New and Experienced Backcountry skiers or split-boarders
- Fitness for up to 2-3 hours of skiing
How does it work?
- Limited number of 4, 8, or 12 punch cards are available
- 0700AM – 1030AM Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mt Seymour Park
- Season runs from January (or earlier if conditions permit) through to March 31
- Reservations/Cancellations are self managed using our new online Dawn Patrol system.
- Free Shuttle Van transportation departing from Park Gate (Bottom of Mt Seymour)
- Includes Avalanche Rescue Training
- Includes discount on Backcountry Nomads days throughout the season
- Includes discount on Avalanche Safety Courses (AST 1 and 2)
Important: You will be required to sign a waiver. Please ensure you have read and understood the waiver before purchasing your pass: ACMGWaiver.pdf
North Shore Dawn Patrol Club – 2021/2022 Season:
Early Bird Bonus on punch passes available until October 31!
On Nov 15, all pass purchasers will be emailed their punch pass codes with instructions on how to book using our new Dawn Patrol and Backcountry Nomads booking system.
Backcountry Nomads is our new full day guided ski tours within day trip range of North Vancouver
The Rules of Dawn Patrol
- Be ready to meet some awesome new people and have fun no matter what the conditions!
- You must register to attend a Patrol. Group size limits must be respected.
- If you need to cancel for any reason, you may do so via our online system upto 24hrs before patrol start time
- No shows or cancellations within 24hrs are non refundable and no credits.
- Punches are non-transferable to other people
- Unused punches at the end of the season expire without refund or credit towards future season
- Dawn Patrol passes are non-refundable if the season is cancelled due to events beyond our control (Weather, snowfall, COVID19, natural disasters, etc).
- All guests must adhere to BC Provincial Covid requirements
- Shuttle Bus guests are required to show a BC Vaccine Passport and wear a mask
- 0700 to 1030: Tuesday and Thursday
- Location: Mount Seymour
You will need the following gear, contact us if you need any recommendations:
- Face mask or ski mask
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Alpine touring boots, skis or split-board, poles, skins
- Avalanche kit: transceiver (digital), probe, shovel. We can provide rentals if required.
- Medium sized backpack (20 to 30l)
- Snacks & water
- Helmet is recommended
- Ski googles
- Warm clothing and down jacket
- Goretex Jacket & Pants
- Thin gloves for uphill travel
- Warm gloves and touque