Nomads is full day guided backcountry skiing day trips within driving range of Vancouver.
Tired of trying to figure out where the best skiing is after a storm or driving on winter roads? We depart the Vancouver area early in the morning and get you back home after a full day of shredding powder. All you have to do is pack a lunch, show up, and we do the rest.
Our guides love to safely explore new zones and seek out the best powder skiing around. BC Ski Guides is a full service guiding company with permits to operate in Whistler/Blackcomb, Squamish, Coquihalla, Manning Park, and Duffey Lake!
Nomad Van: Our car pooling van will depart from a Vancouver area Park and Ride lot. We are always psyched on skiing and love to chat about the mountains. However, the van is YOUR chill zone. So if you’re the kind of person that likes to listen to your own headphones and enjoy having someone else drive for you, just know that is totally ok and completely supported!
Still want to drive your own vehicle and not carpool with us? No problem, we will let you know the destination and meet you at the trailhead.
- Season runs from December (or earlier if conditions permit) through to March 31
- Separate Intermediate and Advanced Groups
- Whistler/Blackcomb Backcountry
- Wildcard Days! North Shore, Coquihalla, Squamish, Manning Park, Duffey Lake
- Note: For wildcard days, the location will be announced 1 week before the trip date
- Includes Avalanche Rescue Training
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Nomads Points Program (Details coming soon)
- Bring a friend discounted pass (Details coming soon)
- Access to the new “Nomads XL” trips: Steep Skiing Clinic, Road Trips, Heli Drops, and Spearhead Traverse
- Includes 15% discount on ALL BC Ski Guides courses (AST and Crevasse Rescue)
Who’s it for?
- Beginner/Intermediate: Fitness for 500m-1000m of vertical climbing and confidently ski a black diamond run inbounds. Slower pace overall with lots of breaks and coaching.
- Intermediate/Advanced: 1000-1500m vertical climbing and confidently ski a double black diamond inbounds. Fitness for a full day in the mountains. Previous backcountry experience required. We still stop for for lunch and breaks!
Important: You will be required to sign a waiver. Please ensure you have read and understood the waiver before purchasing your pass: ACMGWaiver.pdf
After you purchase your pass, you will receive access to the Nomads Online Pass Manager where you can register for each trip.
Nomads – 2023/2024 Season
|1 Punch Pass||$275 CAD||BUY NOW|
|4 Punch Pass||$750 CAD||BUY NOW|
|4 Punch Pass (SELF DRIVE)||$698 CAD||BUY NOW|
|8 Punch Pass||$1425 CAD||BUY NOW|
|8 Punch Pass (SELF DRIVE)||$1235 CAD||BUY NOW|
The Rules of Backcountry Nomads
- Be ready to meet some awesome new people and explore some new powder zones!
- You must register to attend. Group size limits must be respected.
- Minimum group size of 3 required to run a day
- If you need to cancel for any reason, you may do so via our online system up to 48 hrs prior.
- No shows or cancellations within 48hrs are non refundable and no credits.
- Punches are non-transferable to other people.
- Unused punches at the end of the season expire without refund or credit towards future season.
- Deposits are non-refundable
- Anyone who does not follow the guide’s instructions or compromises safety will be removed from Nomads with no refund.
You will need the following gear, contact us if you need any recommendations:
- Face mask or ski mask
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Alpine touring boots, skis or split-board, poles, skins
- Avalanche kit: transceiver (digital), probe, shovel. We can provide rentals if required.
- Medium sized backpack (20 to 30l)
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- Helmet is recommended
- Ski googles
- Warm clothing and down jacket
- Goretex Jacket & Pants
- Breathable windproof jacket uphill travel
- Thin gloves for uphill travel
- Warm gloves and touque