Inspired by our wildly popular North Shore Dawn Patrol Club, we are stoked to announce the full day Nomads Backcountry Pass program!
Nomads is guided backcountry skiing/snowboarding day trips within driving range of Vancouver in our Sprinter 4×4 Passenger Van. A limited number of 4, 8, or 12 punch passes are available. Or just do a drop in to check us out!
Tired of trying to figure out where the best skiing is after a storm or driving on winter roads? Our Sprinter 4×4 Passenger Van “Mega Yeti” leaves North Vancouver early in the morning and gets you back home after a full day of shredding powder. All you have to do is pack a lunch and we do the rest.
Our certified ACMG guides love to safely explore new zones and seek out the best powder skiing around. BC Ski Guides is a full service guiding company with permits to operate in Whistler/Blackcomb, Squamish, Coquihalla, Duffey Lake!
Nomad Van Time: Our van will depart from a North Vancouver public transit location and a carpool lot. We are always psyched on skiing and love to chat about the mountains. However, the van is YOUR chill zone. So if you’re the kind of person that likes to listen to your own headphones and enjoy having someone else drive for you, just know that is totally ok and completely supported!
Still want to drive your own vehicle? No problem, we will let you know the destination and meet you at the trailhead.
How does it work?
- Limited number of 4, 8, or 12 punch cards are available
- Monday: Whistler/Blackcomb Backcountry – Beginner/Intermediate Skill Level Group
- Wednesday: Whistler/Blackcomb Backcountry – Intermediate/Advanced Skill Level Group
- Friday: Wildcard! Coquihalla, Squamish, Duffey.. – Intermediate/Advanced Skill Level Group
- Saturday: Wildcard! Coquihalla, Squamish, Duffey.. – Intermediate/Advanced Skill Level Group
- Note: For wildcard days, you will be notified 24-48 hrs prior as to exact location
- Season runs from January (or earlier if conditions permit) through to March 31
- Reservations/Cancellations are self managed using our new online system.
- Shuttle Van transportation departing from North Vancouver
- Includes Avalanche Rescue Training
- Includes discount on Avalanche Safety Courses (AST 1 and 2)
Who’s it for?
- Beginner/Intermediate: Fitness for 300-500m of vertical climbing and confidently ski/ride a blue run inbounds. Slower pace overall with lots of breaks and coaching.
- Intermediate/Advanced: 1000-1500m vertical climbing and confidently ride a black diamond inbounds. Fitness for a full day in the mountains. 1+ seasons of backcountry skiing under your belt. We still stop for for lunch and breaks!
Important: You will be required to sign a waiver. Please ensure you have read and understood the waiver before purchasing your pass: ACMGWaiver.pdf
To purchase a pass: select any date after clicking purchase below (our online commerce system requires a date). The ACTUAL dates you ski are selected using our new online Nomads pass manager which you will receive access to 24hrs after pass purchase.
Backcountry Nomads – 2021/2022 Season:
Bonus BC Ski Guides Touques available until November 30!
The Rules of Backcountry Nomads
- Be ready to meet some awesome new people and explore some new powder zones!
- You must register to attend. Group size limits must be respected.
- Minimum group size of 3 required to run a day
- If you need to cancel for any reason, you may do so via our online system upto 24hrs prior.
- No shows or cancellations within 24hrs are non refundable and no credits.
- Punches are non-transferable to other people.
- Unused punches at the end of the season expire without refund or credit towards future season.
- Punch passes are transferred to next year if the season is cancelled due to events beyond our control (Weather, snowfall, COVID-19, natural disasters, etc).
- All guests must adhere to BC Provincial Covid requirements.
- Shuttle Bus guests are required to show a BC Vaccine Passport and wear a mask while riding in the van.
You will need the following gear, contact us if you need any recommendations:
- Face mask or ski mask
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Alpine touring boots, skis or split-board, poles, skins
- Avalanche kit: transceiver (digital), probe, shovel. We can provide rentals if required.
- Medium sized backpack (20 to 30l)
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- Helmet is recommended
- Ski googles
- Warm clothing and down jacket
- Goretex Jacket & Pants
- Breathable windproof jacket uphill travel
- Thin gloves for uphill travel
- Warm gloves and touque