Duffey Lake Backcountry Skiing
It’s famous for a reason! The Duffey Lake area is the greatest road accessed ski touring zone in the southern Coast Range mountains. From the 1350m summit of the Duffey Lake Road, there are dozens of classic ski tours from mellow bowls to huge alpine missions. We love it all. The season is usually from Mid December through to April, or longer at high elevations.
The snow: The snow here is known for being drier than the Whistler area, due to the rain shadow effect of the local mountain topography. In other words, when it’s on, it’s deep and fluffy!
Check our instagram for photos of recent trips to see some of the rad zones we like to explore!
We keep the groups small with a maximum ratio of 6:1.
Who’s it for?
- Intermediate to advanced backcountry skiers or split-boarders
How to signup?
- Open Groups: Our Sea to Sky group usually comes here on Friday’s throughout the season.
- Private Group: Come solo or pull together a ski posse. You get your own private ACMG guide. You’ll ski some incredible terrain and the day will be custom tuned to your group’s skill and fitness level. Available all season long. Click link below to register or contact us directly at email@example.com
Private Group – 2021/2022 Season
|From $650 CAD||Book Now|
Important: You will be required to sign a waiver. Please ensure you have read and understood the waiver prior to the start date.
ACMG Waiver: ACMGWaiver.pdf
- 6:30AM – Meet at Mount Currie Coffee, Pemberton
- 7:30AM to 3:30PM – Backcountry Skiing in the Duffey! Back home to Vancouver area around dinner time.
You will need the following gear, contact us if you need any recommendations:
- Face mask or ski mask
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Alpine touring boots, skis or split-board, poles, skins
- Avalanche kit: transceiver (digital), probe, shovel. We can provide rentals if required.
- Medium sized backpack (20 to 30l)
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- Helmet is recommended
- Ski googles
- Warm clothing and down jacket
- Goretex Jacket & Pants
- Breathable windproof jacket uphill travel
- Thin gloves for uphill travel
- Warm gloves and touque