Whistler Blackcomb Ski Touring! Whistler has some of the best backcountry skiing and riding terrain in North America. Come join us for a guided day of ski touring in this world famous backcountry destination. Our local ACMG certified guides have intimate knowledge of the best lines and secret powder stashes. We ensure that you stay safe and get the most out of your backcountry ski touring day.
With quick access from the chairlifts, your day in the Whistler backcountry will be custom tailored to your fitness and ability level. From easy powder skiing through low angle treeline slopes, to linking up epic steep coliours and big glaciers, we have it all available! In the morning of your trip, your guide will meet with you to discuss the current conditions, your experience level, and what you want to get out of the day.
Some of the areas we love to ski tour on the Whistler side are: Musical Bumps for mellow powder skiing, Cowboy Ridge for long steeper runs, Corral Zone for a special place that seldom gets visited. Got a hankering for some steep skiing and willing to skin for it? Fissile Mountain has classic steep skiing descent options including: Banana Chute, Main Chute.
On the Blackcomb side there are many options for glacier skiing, steep chutes, and steep open faces. The terrain here is more alpine and requires good visibility to get the most out of it. Some of the classic objectives here include: Circle Lake, Decker Mountain, Spearman Glacier, Phalanx Stairmaster Route, Husume, Corona Bowl.
Dates: On demand all season long!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Lift Co Coffee Company, Whistler Villiage|
|MEETING TIME||08:00 AM|
- Morning Meeting: Meet your guide at 8am in Whistler at Lift Co Coffee. Your guide will provide an overview of the current backcountry conditions and weather forecast for the day. Based on conditions and your ability levels, the guide will discuss route options available.
- Avalanche Safety Refresher: After a brief avalanche rescue refresher training, you will head into the backcountry for the day.
- Full day of outstanding skiing.
- Back in the Whistler village by approximately 4pm.
You will need the following gear for your day:
- Alpine touring skis or split-board
- Avalanche kit: transceiver (digital), probe, shovel
- Medium sized backpack (20 to 30l)
- Lunch, snacks, & water
- Helmet is recommended
- Ski googles
- Sun glasses
- Sun screeen