Inspired by our wildly popular North Shore Dawn Patrol Club, we are stoked to announce our guided full day program the ‘Backcountry Nomads’ for 2021/22 season!
Backcountry Nomads is guided backcountry skiing and split-boarding day trips. Our shuttle van leaves North Vancouver early in the morning and gets you back home around dinnertime after a full day of backcountry skiing. The Backcountry Nomads will explore new zones and seek out the best powder skiing within day trip range from Vancouver.
Some of the locations we will day trip are: Whistler/Blackcomb, Squamish, Coquihalla, Duffey Lake to name a few! All you have to do is plan to depart Vancouver area in the morning and plan to be back home around dinner time.
The program will run from January through to the end of the ski season. Similar to the Dawn Patrol Club, you can drop in for a day or make a commitment to yourself for a multi day punch card.
Nomad Shuttle Van: Our all weather 4×4 Sprinter Passenger Van will depart each day from North Vancouver and return. Want to drive your own vehicle? No problem, we will let you know the destination and meet you at the trailhead.
How does it work?
- Limited number of 4, 8, or 12 punch cards are available
- Monday: Whistler/Blackcomb Backcountry
- Wednesday: Whistler/Blackcomb Backcountry
- Friday: Wildcard! Coquihalla, Squamish, Duffey.. you will be notified 24hrs prior as to exact location
- Season runs from January (or earlier if conditions permit) through to March 31
- Reservations/Cancellations are self managed using our new online system.
- Shuttle Van transportation departing from North Vancouver
- Includes Avalanche Rescue Training
- Includes discount on Avalanche Safety Courses (AST 1 and 2)
Important: You will be required to sign a waiver. Please ensure you have read and understood the waiver before purchasing your pass: ACMGWaiver.pdf
Backcountry Nomads – 2021/2022 Season:
|$689 ($172 per day)||Purchase|
|$1320 ($165 per day)||Purchase|
|$1815 ($150 per day)||Purchase|
Early Bird Bonus on punch passes available until October 31!
On Nov 15, all pass purchasers will be emailed their punch pass codes with instructions on how to book using our new online booking system.
The Rules of Backcountry Nomads
- Be ready to meet some awesome new people and explore some new powder zones!
- You must register to attend. Group size limits must be respected.
- Minimum group size of 3 required to run a day
- If you need to cancel for any reason, you may do so via our online system upto 24hrs prior.
- No shows or cancellations within 24hrs are non refundable and no credits.
- Punches are non-transferable to other people.
- Unused punches at the end of the season expire without refund or credit towards future season.
- Punch passes are non-refundable if the season is cancelled due to events beyond our control (Weather, snowfall, COVID-19, natural disasters, etc).
- All guests must adhere to BC Provincial Covid requirements.
- Shuttle Bus guests are required to show a BC Vaccine Passport and wear a mask.
You will need the following gear, contact us if you need any recommendations:
- Face mask or ski mask
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Alpine touring boots, skis or split-board, poles, skins
- Avalanche kit: transceiver (digital), probe, shovel. We can provide rentals if required.
- Medium sized backpack (20 to 30l)
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- Helmet is recommended
- Ski googles
- Warm clothing and down jacket
- Goretex Jacket & Pants
- Breathable windproof jacket uphill travel
- Thin gloves for uphill travel
- Warm gloves and touque