Vancouver Backcountry Skiing
North Shore mountains are only minutes from Vancouver and offer some great backcountry skiing right in your backyard!
There is a whole world of exploring beyond the popular winter hiking routes. The terrain here offers a bit of everything: tree skiing through massive old growth forests, open slopes, ridges, peaks, and couliors.
Some of our favourite Seymour ski tours:
- Mt Seymour Peak Enchainment, Mount Seymour Provincial Park
- Mt Elsay, Mount Seymour Provincial Park
You will need the following gear, contact us if you need any recommendations:
- Face mask or ski mask
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Alpine touring boots, skis or split-board, poles, skins
- Avalanche kit: transceiver (digital), probe, shovel. We can provide rentals if required.
- Medium sized backpack (20 to 30l)
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- Helmet is recommended
- Ski googles
- Warm clothing and down jacket
- Goretex Jacket & Pants
- Breathable windproof jacket uphill travel
- Thin gloves for uphill travel
- Warm gloves and touque